SAFETY QUICK-CLOSING BUTTERFLY FLAP VALVE
TYPE PKIII

Being part of the proven KÜHME high-performance valve series for industrial applications, the PKIII type is used in any application where safe and quick shut-off of gaseous media is required. The electro-pneumatically controlled quick-closing butterfly flap valve sets standards for tightness, service life and reliability even in the most demanding applications. The butterfly flap valve is mainly used as a tight shut-off device for gaseous media in systems with low pressures.

 mini mini
Downloads
Data sheets
Certificates
Application areas
  • Automatic shut-off valves for gaseous fuels, designed as steering arm flap in single seat design with EC-type-Examination (Module B) in acc. with PED (up to DN 1600)
  • Main shut-off for gas systems
  • Pipe systems for gaseous media and fuels in all industrial sectors
Nominal size: DN 300 to 3000
Operating pressure: max. 2.5 bar g up to DN 700 (static)
from DN 800 to DN 1600:
1.0 bar g (static)
Differential pressure switchable: up to 2.5 bar (depending on the nominal size and actuator size)
Operating temperature: max. + 300°C

Advantages
  • Closing time < 3 seconds
  • Safety guaranteed by the proven sealing system with soft seal (leakage rate A in acc. with
    EN 12266-1)
  • Closing of the valve is dampened to reduce pressure surges in the pipeline
  • Heavy duty design for high amount of operating cycles
  • High-performance valve with long service life
Function
The quick-closing flap is operated by a pneumatic actuator with a solenoid control valve. Automatic quick-closing relieves the pressure volume in the pneumatic actuator via the quick-exhaust valve. Closing springs laterally attached to the actuator close the flap. As a result of the lever kinematics the flap blade moves parallel - and thus in a wear-optimised manner - into the sealing seat.

Technical features
Valve body: Welded steel construction
Seat sealing system: Soft-sealing, concentric valve seat made of stainless steel
Shaft sealing: Sealing with a double O-ring with test connection (from DN800 additionally with downstream secondary sealing in accordance with the Clean Air Guidelines (TA-Luft /
ISO 15 848-1 )
Actuator type: Integrated pneumatic KÜHME piston actuator for the stroke movement, reset to “closed” flap position by spring force, piloted by an solenoid valve
Process connection: Flange connection, available in DIN or ANSI design
Special features:
  • Type-tested valve (up to DN 1600) in acc. with PED, certified on the basis of DIN EN 13611 / DIN EN 161 / DIN EN 16678
  • Closing time (depending on the nominal size): 90% less than 1 second, the remaining 10% within 2 seconds (<= DN1600)
  • Hydraulic damping of the end position reduces the stress on the seal during closing and prevents pressure surges in the pipeline.
  • Valve with accessories, optionally in ATEX design
  • Valve optionally available in SIL design, certified SIL 2 (DN 300-1200)
  • Optional: laterally attached actuator
  • Special designs for demanding applications and extreme operating conditions - We are looking forward to answer your questions !